I’m not currently looking for work.
A Graduate of Network Systems with extensive experience in IT, in particular Linux. I work for Bede Gaming, a company who develop games for some well known online gambling websites. I have also worked for Aspire Technology Solutions, a top networking company, and graduated from the University of Sunderland with a 2:1 in Network Systems, and have several years of personal experience with various operating systems, especially Linux. I have spent some time working for the UK retail chain Argos which has given me experience working in a high pressure environment where tasks needed to be completed on time, as well as working night shifts for Opia, a company who handle promotions for well known retail chains globally. I am an energetic, adaptable, friendly, outgoing and conscientious individual who is committed to any job and task given and is always keen to learn new skills.
2013-Present – Systems Administrator – Bede Gaming Ltd.
- Maintaining virtual servers (Windows and Linux) in Microsoft Windows Azure.
- Performing upgrades.
- Testing in house developed services on the Azure platform.
- Migrating old services to Azure.
- Ensuring gaming services remain functional.
- Troubleshooting network issues.
2002-Present - Sound Engineer (Voluntary) – St. John’s Church
- Setting up Mics
- Working a 16 Channel Sound Desk
- Recording/Editing/Mastering Services
- Building a webserver
- Installing and configuring server software
- Managing server updates
- Writing Valid (X)HTML/PHP code
2013 – Data Entry – Opia Ltd.
- Checking customers’ claims for cash back for various promotions
- Updating company database
- Responding to customers’ emails
2012- 2013 – Stockroom Assistant (Voluntary) – Argos, Hexham
- Stock picking (retrieving items quickly and efficiently for customers)
- Re-binning stock (putting stock back on the shelves if returned to the store)
- Tidying shelves to keep the stock room running efficiently
2005-2012 - Open Source project joint admin/moderator for s1mp3.org – Online
- Moderating the forum
- Answering questions asked about the MP3 player’s current firmware
- Beta Tester
2009 - IT Infrastructure Technician (Apprentice) – Aspire Technology Solutions Ltd.
- Answering Support Calls
- Installing software
- Installing hardware
2011-2012 - University of Sunderland
B.Sc. (Hons) Degree: Network Systems (Second Class Honours, Upper Division – 2:1)
2009-2011 - Gateshead College
Foundation Degree: I.C.T. Support
2009 - Pitman Training
ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
2003-2008 - Ponteland Community High School
A-Levels: Media Studies; Physics
AS-Levels: I.C.T.; Maths
9 GCSE (Grades A-C) including: English; Maths; Science
2007 - Full UK Driving Licence
1999 – 2007 - ABRSM Practical Piano Grade 4 and Grade 3 theory.